A Critical Resource for Patient and Workplace Safety
Divided into five main topic areas, this essential resource provides 32 evidence-based guidelines for all perioperative and invasive procedures. Many accrediting bodies and state health agencies use the Guidelines for Perioperative Practice during their surveys making implementation of these guidelines critical to patient and workplace safety, managing risk, and securing healthcare reimbursements.
The 2017 edition includes the following extensively revised, evidence-based guidelines:
- Hand Hygiene
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Patient Information Management
- Surgical Smoke Safety
- Safe Use of Energy-Generating Devices
- Medication Safety
- Prevention of Retained Surgical Items
- Prevention of Transmissible Infections
- Radiation Safety
- Safe Environment of Care, Part 1
Book available in paperback cover. Other publication formats include eBook, online, CD, and USB.